Lighthouse Recovery is honored to be able to offer an Academic Scholarship for students currently attending or enrolled for an upcoming semester in College or University. We believe, as addiction and mental health continue to worsen in this country, that we have a duty to support the future generations of helpers. Investing in students financially is one of the ways that we are able to show our support.
Lighthouse Recovery Academic Scholarship
Investing in a bright future.
Why We Offer Scholarships
The Lighthouse Recovery Academic Scholarship will be awarded annually in the amount of $2000 to an applicant demonstrating a commitment to their own education and helping others. All scholarship funds shall be paid directly to the financial office of your respective institution and can be used to cover tuition, books, or other applicable costs associated with your degree. The scholarship application must be submitted before December 4th, 2020 and the lucky recipient will be notified on December 15th, 2020. By accepting the Lighthouse Recovery Academic Scholarship, recipient agrees to have their name and likeness posted to our website and social media accounts. We do not share any information from applicants with any third party organization, nor do not require an application fee for entry.
- Applicants must be attending or have been accepted to an accredited university, college or community college.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Preference will be given to those with a field of study in Addiction or Mental Health. Includes, but is not limited to: Psychology, Psychiatry, Social Work, Therapy, Counseling, and Sociology.
How To Apply
To apply for the Lighthouse Recovery Academic Scholarship please email the following information to [email protected]:
- Full Name, Address, Phone Number, School ID number
- Name of School and business office address and phone number
- Most Recent Transcript and/or Proof of Upcoming Enrollment
- Copy of Driver’s License and Student ID Card
- GPA (Overall)
- Personal Goals Essay including relevance to field of study (500 words or less)
- Any Recognitions or Community Involvement (150 words or less if applicable)
What Lighthouse Recovery Does
Lighthouse Recovery provides a comprehensive suite of addiction treatment services in Dallas, including Intensive Outpatient Programming (IOP), Sober Living, Recovery Coaching, and Intervention Services. All of our addiction services are designed to dramatically increase long-term results. Our Extended Treatment programs give individuals the accountability, structure, and real-world applications that are necessary for long-term success. For this reason, Lighthouse focuses solely on long-term treatment and has built each subset of our program utilizing a holistic approach. We address core issues undermining recovery, provide a tailored approach for each individual, and create an engaging learning environment.