Holistic treatment can be considered “true” recovery. It combines all facets of your life, including mind, body, and spirit. When these factors are addressed together, they will ultimately offer a better healing process and outcome for you.
With the variety of programs offered, there can be a tendency toward choosing one over another. Yet, when you enter a holistic treatment program you will feel all the pieces of your life coming together, thus putting you back on the right path.
What Is Included in Holistic Treatment?
Holistic treatment often starts with detoxification. This is meant to purge the body of whatever substance has been misused. Following that, you will be assessed to find out what form of treatment will best suit your unique needs. In many cases, this will include an inpatient residential or partial hospitalization program (PHP). These programs will offer you a supervised environment where you will take part in at least a few of the following:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT): This type of therapy is in place to show you that not only have you been influenced by your surroundings, but by your distressing beliefs about your situation as well. CBT identifies these distressing thoughts and addresses them directly.
- Motivational interviewing: This is a good option if you do not feel ready for change. When this is the case, it is important that you are shown that you have the capacity for change and that you can believe in yourself and your abilities.
- Family therapy: Knowing that your family is there as part of your support system can be very helpful during treatment and recovery. Although, substance abuse may have driven a wedge between you. Family therapy seeks to mend those issues and bring people back together.
- Medication-assisted therapy (MAT): Under the supervision of a medical professional, you may be given certain medications to help with issues that often arise during recovery, such as depression and anxiety during the recovery process.
- Alternative therapies: These can be anything from art therapy to yoga classes.
- Relapse prevention programs: This may be incorporated into CBT and helps to identify situations in your life that may pose a greater risk of relapse.
All or even a few of these can be combined for a more holistic healing process. Consider the fact that these each focus on one particular piece of treatment. Without the others, you may find that one or several of your issues is not being addressed. Yet, with a combination, you will be better prepared to venture back out into the world.
Lighthouse Recovery’s Approach to Holistic Treatment
At Lighthouse Recovery Texas, we believe strongly in holistic treatment. Our dedicated staff works to fully assess your needs as an individual so that we can decide what works best for your situation. We work in an outpatient format designed for you if you are recovering from substance abuse and have been discharged from residential programs or if you cannot attend a full inpatient program.
Outpatient treatment is an effective way to help with the recovery process but is only as good as the program itself. At Lighthouse, we practice a holistic approach that is full of important information and many takeaways.
There are four programs we offer that fall under the holistic treatment heading:
- Partial Hospitalization program (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Sober living
- Extended care program
Each of these programs has its own distinct purpose and each individual has their reasons for participating in them. For instance, if you are enrolled in PHP, you will find that you receive a variety of features that come together to provide a holistic approach, including:
- Custom programming
- Small group sizes
- Psychiatric care
You will find that these four cornerstones of Lighthouse’s top-notch care address all of your treatment needs. Consider the fact that you will take part in programming that has been created by us, in-house, to give you the best comprehensive approach you will not find anywhere else. We believe that this care must exist in a highly structured framework that will help build your confidence on your path through sobriety.
As part of this framework, we ensure that you will see a psychiatrist, or, if you already have a psychiatrist, we will work with them to make sure they are fully involved in the care process. Another advantage to the Lighthouse process is our guarantee of small group therapy sizes. Anywhere else, you will find groups that could include up to 30 people. At our facility, you will never be with more than eight. This will allow us to introduce you to others in similar situations to your own while not losing sight of your personalized treatment program. This approach will touch upon all parts of your recovery.
The Lighthouse Recovery Difference
Holistic care is touted by many as a new idea. However, Lighthouse Recovery Texas has been providing this type of care since its inception. We are leaders in our field and our staff has worked hard to bring you the type of programming and care that directly addresses every facet of you and your substance abuse issues.
Substance abuse affects more and more people each year. Because of this, the need for treatment has never been more important. When considering treatment during recovery, it is important to understand that the holistic approach is best and that there are only certain facilities that truly adhere to the idea. The notion of healing the whole person may be new to some, but at Lighthouse Recovery we never stray from our all-encompassing program that points directly toward healing the mind, body, and spirit. At Lighthouse Recovery we are dedicated to making sure you are not just another name coming through the door. You are an individual who needs to know that they matter and that their recovery is our top priority. To learn more about Lighthouse Recovery Texas, our programs, and how we can help you or your loved one, call us at (214) 396-0259.